Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Cleaning out the desk and other mundane chores

Of all things for me to look forward to doing, I cleaned out my computer desk. When I say 'clean', I mean the whole she-bang of perusing through the cards, bills, paper scraps and photographs....I ran across four handwritten notes from my husband, a ladybug made from a tortilla chip by my 4 year old and three cards from my college roommate. Now I am not a complete slob, but there is something comforting in knowing that I am surrounded by love at this desk. Did I throw anything away? Sure, but I don't consider a late payment notice from Office Depot a loving tribute to my life.
To top off my day, I tackled the refridgerator. Chocolate syrup doesn't come off without lots of hot water and elbow grease and forget about the homemade pear preserves - you could use those jars as super glue imitations if you get in a bind.
The moral of today's story is to keep the precious clutter that makes you feel special and refuse anything in a mason jar.

2 Comments:

  • I am inspired to clean my computer desk now. Do you think you could clean your closet too and then I'll be inspired to clean mine? :)I hope I am the college roommate you mention because that means you saved some past cards that I sent...? I love your blogs. The reunion blog was funny - I wonder if I have been to the hole in the wall you describe. Can't wait to read more...

    By Blogger brendingo, at 10:54 AM  

  • A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind. Don't mind the clutter. Anyway if you leave it on your desk, you will always know where to find it.

    By Blogger Don Friend, at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home