Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Confessions of an AM radio talk show junkie

If someone would have told me I would be listening to G. Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, Dr. Pepper would have spewed from my mouth from laughter. But now with home health travelling, I find myself not only glued to the radio but calling in to add my own two cents splashed with a little Oklahoma humor. So far, G. Gordon is the most receptive as I have been on his program numerous times garnering a chuckle from the cute little man. Bill O-Reilly sent me a signed book since I cracked him up but Sean and Rush are hard to call.
There's something intoxicating hearing my voice on the radio. In a fit of anger, my husband accused me of becoming political and that I needed my own radio show. Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind but who knows what you have to do in order to even be considered for that kind of job. And what's wrong with being political? At least I am paying attention to our country's future which is more than I can say for him, God love him. That's what I get for marrying an AR democrat, I guess.
Still, knowing that hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, are listening to me banter back and forth with the Liddy man, what a rush!
Now if I can just get my cell phone company to sponsor me I would have it made, huh?
Tish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home