Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Girl scouts and my 4 year old casanova

Today my children crossed that threshold of childhood...............my daughter took her first step into young womanhood by starting Girl Scouts. I wasn't a part of that organization but instead I was a proud Camp Fire Girl that sold chewy caramel candy at the mall in the late 70's. Listening to the opportunities afforded to me as a 'volunteer' to her troop made me realize why Troop leaders might want a drink in the afternoon. But I did sign up for the background check so I can corral these girls and use my witty banter as an educational tool they can use on men when they are older.
My son, at 4 years old, decided to make a pass at an older 8 year old sitting two tables away at Pizza Inn. "You're a beauty" he says as we walk by, and I almost thought he winked at her. My heart is of course broken as I am supposed to be his one and only for a few more years, right?
In one night, I can see the future of giggling teenage girls meeting at our house using Girl Scouts as the guise to have a gab session and my son, the Player, strutting his stuff in the mall with a point and a wink at all of the girls at the Gap.
Bright side is maybe I can a discount at the Gap.........

2 Comments:

  • I love your Blog!!!! But what does blog mean??? I am excited that your daughter has gotten into the world o'Scouts! As a mother, you can run with this or you could take this as just another activity that you have to dread making, with all the meetings you have to attend when you have so much more to do. I don't think you are that kind of person! Have fun with this and enjoy the fact that your daughter is learning social skills, but make sure that the troop also aquires camping skills! It's fine and dandy to learn how to make pretty plate presentations with fruit, but how is that ever functional in a girl's life? Have fun and set up tents or learn how to tie knots! You have the opportunity to introduce these young women to the ways of the world. Just reading your blog I can see that you care about both character and plot. Thank you for presenting the south in a realistic way!!! It's refreshing! As far as your son, he seems more mature than his age. I agree, how dare him "like" another person more than his mama. Can you offer the readers more samples of your work? I have read "Rocks of Ages" and "A month full of Sundays" and I need more!!!!

    Thank you Tish Sharp for your unique outlook on southern living. You remind me of a young Eudora Welty!!!! What an honor. Keep up the good work, I hope to hear more.

    By Blogger kittenshername, at 12:26 AM  

  • Thank you kittenshername! You've given me quite a boost for a Sunday afternoon. I have considered putting excerpts on the blog but I'll have to consult my agent about that.
    Eudora Welty? I feel giddy just typing her name!

    By Blogger Tisha from Texas, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home