Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Thursday, August 19, 2004

The Last edit for my manuscript

I have one final revision before my agent can successfully present my manuscript. While that may sound easy, it feels like when you are in labor and think the baby is about to emerge and then the nurse says "well, you are only at 4 cm so we will wait for the epidural." Egads!
Speaking of labor, I haven't had the pleasure of cursing nurses so much as I did with my first child. That's probably why I didn't have my second child at that particular hospital.
Anyway, back to the editing. It truly is 'murdering your darlings' when it comes to revisions and final drafts. In the back of my mind I can hear the characters whining about losing some great conversation or action. Does that make me crazy? Probably not, but we'll consult the judges for the final answer (haha)
Tish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home