Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Editing the last word of A MONTH OF SUNDAYS

Ahh, the feeling of hitting the 'save' button with the last revision is right up there with a kiss, a fondle, maybe even.........no, not that good. But knowing that my revision is done, I do feel relieved and envigorated. Now I am ready to tackle my next project, ROCKS OF AGES. Actually, it is the first story I penned when we bought a computer way back in 1995. The nursing home where I worked had the most colorful characters that I couldn't pass up the chance to introduce the world to them. The only problem, I thought I didn't have time to write. Hah! I was newly married, had no children, and was alone most of the time as my husband worked shift work at that time, requiring 12 hour nights. What was I thinking?! I could have written War and Peace twenty times with the freedom I had, but instead I shopped, worked out occasionally, and dined out quite a bit. All that money, all that time....gone with the birth of our daughter and son. A trade off I would do again in a heartbeat. But with more drugs this time, maybe until they were two.........or six.

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you've put in a lot of work. I hope it gets published, it would be nice to know someone before they make it.
    Good luck and I'll be in line at the bookstore for your autograph!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

  • How long will it be before you find out something? That would be exciting, I bet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • It depends. Once my agent has an interested editor and a contract, he will contact me. I plan on buying some new shoes that day. Maybe an entire outfit. Not at Target, either.

    By Blogger Tisha from Texas, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home