Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Husband-less

For two nights, I am husband-less. What does this mean in the real world? On the good side, it means no snoring at night, less dinner to prepare, picking my own TV shows after the kids go to bed, and no one to guilt me while I am working on my next novel with "Come spend some time with me".
On the flip side, I miss him at night because he makes me feel safe. I won't sleep well until he is snoring away next to me, all because if there were to be a break-in, I have all the faith in the world that he would take care of us. The kids miss him swinging them around like limp noodles, and yes, I miss the cuddling.
I don't know how single mothers do it. Whether it's their choice or circumstance, I have all the respect in the world for what it takes to raise children alone in this world. Bless those Mothers and Daddies (yes, there are those too) that face this most challenging career on their own: Parenting.
Since we are going to a dog obedience class tonight, I am sure the next blog will be filled with commands your dog, child, or spouse can follow. Hopefully all three will benefit in my household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home