Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Procrastination

I could be editing my novel right now, so why am I watching The Mask with Jim Carrey for the twentieth time? Because my son wants to, that's why. And why haven't I mopped the kitchen on my day off? Because it's my day off. A day off shouldn't consist of duties you dread during the week, oh no. A day off is meant for relaxing, shopping, reading, napping, playing, dancing to Lizzie McGuire with your 7 year old, and yes, watching Jim Carrey throw Cameron Diaz around a dance floor.
We've forgotten the hidden beauty of a day off and traded it for another work day that doesn't pay us, insure us or give us any type of retirement other than the assurance that next week you will have the same duties to perform as this day off............it's a hamster wheel, cleaning on your day off.
At least that's what I am telling myself.

1 Comments:

  • We all need "time off". Sometimes my motto is "If it can be done tomorrow, I'll do it then." But the nice thing about tomorrow, it really never gets here. Because today is always today, so tomorrow will always be tomorrow.

    By Blogger Don Friend, at 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home