Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A teacher conference

There are a few things in this world I don't want to be: a skydiver, a trapeze artist, and my daughter's 2nd grade teacher. I love my daughter beyond words but to sit for 7 hours and teach that rascal the finer points of government, English, math, science, and art would drive me past drinking. Here's the phrase I was told "she's very creative"...my mom heard the same of me. "She doesn't pay as much attention as I would like"...again, my mom heard the same of me. When I asked if there was the possibility of ADD, she assured me not at all. So, the theory that has lucked in the back of my mind is now becoming a reality...MY DAUGHTER IS BECOMING ME!
Those curses my mom threw at me 25 years ago have come true "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" Well, guess what? She has better skin than me (thank God) but the same sassy, smart alec, Diva attitude that she thinks is hers was merely inherited from me.

So that means in the future I have this to look forward to: backtalking, sweet love notes, smiles, tears with the added stomping, hugs, blank stares, sneakiness, adoration, homemade birthday cards, missing dollar bills from my wallet....what will 3rd grade be like??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home