Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

WalMart, Spiders, and Harlequin Romance Novels

If someone tells you to take both of your children to WalMart, remember this story.

After listening to an endless story containing the largest spider ever in my daughter's classroom and its effect on her, the class, and the world at large, we finally took our spot at the checkout counter. Behind us stood an attractive 20ish woman wearing a tank top and a push up bra. Unbeknownst to me there was a book rack to the side that my 4 year old was studying and while I listen to the 14th version of the spider that taunted Mrs. Sharp' s 2nd grade class, I hear my son say in his loudest, most grown-up voice,
"Look, Mom, she's showing her BOOBIES!"

Even the black checker froze. The young lady stared at me, I looked side to side as if it wasn't my child but my ever so observant daughter verifies his statement,
"Did you hear what he just said about her boobies?"

Now you might be thinking he is a young casanova, and he is that, indeed. But this day he was holding a Harlequin Romance novel with a cleavage shot on the cover. Thank goodness. We all had a good laugh but for that one moment, I was speechless. Thank God for children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home