Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Monday, November 29, 2004

Did you know dogs can shriek like a school girl?

As if we don't have our hands full, we adopted a stray dog over the Thanksgiving weekend. She's a brindled mutt (yep, another 'bitch' in the house, literally). The first night my husband actually allowed her in the house, even gave her a bath! But tonight, between walking out in the rain with her for a 20 second urination and my first attempt with beef stroganoff, it was time for her to meet her new mommies.
Sophie, the mastiff, perked at the sight of this large squirrel-like creature. Mattie, the lab/shepherd mix, grunted at the thought of another twerp she would have to dominate into submission. Shrieks and yowls echoed from their pen directly into my bedroom. Amazingly, Biscuits escaped their clutches not once but twice since I put her in the pen with them. Smart little thing - she can flatten between the fence posts and quicker than who'da thought it, she's at the back door.
And how did she get the name Biscuits? Ask my other half.
Oh, before I am accused about mistreating my babies, the pen is large enough for three huge dogs, their dog houses, and three large dig holes. And they get out every day for four hours a day just to play.

2 Comments:

  • LOL, this was so funny and I think the reason for that is I can relate personally to it! I have a dog that sings on cue. No joke! I really need to get the camcorder out and video it. When I turn the Santa on and he sings "Jingle Bells," Skylar sings along with him. It's hilarious!

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 8:45 PM  

  • My dogs don't sing, but they sure do have a united chorus when anyone approaches the driveway! Their sound is absolutely ear piercing, but at least I know I'm always well protected! We were just discussing over lunch how funny it is with our pups - the latest to our family was Odin, less than three months old. Sirius, who is "my guy" was not at all pleased about the new competition. To make it worse, we went right away to have the whole lot "fixed"! But now, only a month or so later, Sirius and Odin are best pals who can be found snuggling up to each other for naps.

    Congrats on the new pup!

    By Blogger Wendi Friend, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home