Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, December 19, 2004

I'm an AM radio HOTTIE

Ladies and gents, boys and girls, lend me your ears.
Last week, on the national broadcasted G. Gordon Liddy AM radio talk show, I was deemed a hottie. For those that are unfamiliar with my AM radio obsession, each week I probably call in to G. Gordon two or three times. No, I don't have a lot of time on my hands, I just happen to be stuck in a car driving between patients. Instead of listening to the latest P. Diddy rap song or the mind numbing boy band attempts at music, I opt for something that doesn't deprive me of brain cell activity.
G. Gordon, God love him, is in his 60s or 70s I think, and just cracks me up. Diana and Bonnie know me by first name.If you've read the poston Christmas card addictions, you'll understand this year's card had the theme of "Men are from Mars"retooled to "Parents are from Mars..." I inserted a blurb line from G Gordon, so in all fairness, I sent him the card. Yes, there was some ego involved. My children are beautiful, the card is pretty good, and I thought what the hey.
Never in my life did I expect him to call me a hottie on the air, but I must say it felt GREAT. I think I told him to repeat it just for my sake. The funny thing was as he gives me this public compliment, he follows us with "We thought you would look like George Costanza's mother!"
What??? I know I am witty, sardonic, yes even sarcastic, but George's mother? Elaine - now that would be a compliment in the highest order. She was a role model for all women that lived to sass and live on the border of rudeness.
All in all, I'd say it was a great plug for me. I was caught off guard so I didn't get the chance to mention my book. But there's always next year when his show resumes. Until then, I wear the badge of Radio Hottie with pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home