Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Collecting Workout Equipment

In 1993, I purchased the Kim Alexis' Body Slide system and was forever hooked on workout equipment. Mainly the purchase of such devices, but I digress.
The Body slide works if and only if you have coordination. Not the walking while chewing gum coordination but the 'I can ski down a bunny hill without falling down' coordination. Apparently I was born without that gene. Your shoes must have the slip on covers in order to slide back and forth across the slick board. This works, of course, if you have the above mentioned coordination. Do not attempt this while anyone is watching unless you want to be on America's funniest home videos. There is a 10,000 prize but who wants to see themselves flipping and flopping in their living room floor while all of America is watching? Okay, you're right, I would but my need for attention isn't the topic today. I finally mastered Kim's device and actually built a decent rear with it. Then I got married and "oops? do I still have to work out?" became my mindset.


Fast forward to 2002. My son is now 2, daughter5 and it's time to address the saddlebags that have gone from minimal to 'can I get a matching wallet for that?' size. The local gym was good, but as you may know from my previous entry regarding informercials, workout equipment demonstrated on TV always reigns superior in my house. Cue Body By Jake and his fantastic Bun and Thigh Rocker. "Rock your way to a beautiful body" and in front of the TV - you betcha, Jake! Four weeks of 3 minutes a day and what do you get? A slight lift in the rear and 149.99 gone forever.

Ebay had the Powerbase for only 79.99 which was a bargain in any language. A physical therapist invented it which made it even more enticing. A plastic board with a variety of theratubing and attachments for my legs and arms arrived just in time to decorate the living room.

The Lateral Thigh Trainer caught my attention but was just too high on the TV...again, Ebay to the rescue. Thank goodness someone was willing to part with it for only 69.99 - a savings of 20.00 if you don't include the outrageous shipping.

So now I'm up to what, four pieces of equipment? No, five if you count Emmitt Smith's version of the power slide. Kim Alexis had gone out of business or fled to Bombay but whatever the case, Emmitt's slide was up to the task of sitting behind the couch.

In my New Year's Resolutions for this year, I have promised to use each piece of equipment at least twice a week. Surely I will have those toned legs, slim hips, a rear like a 15 year old boy, and the belly of a supermodel in about 6 months.

Or a garage sale in March.

2 Comments:

  • You're a funny lady...I think I'm going to enjoy reading your stuff!
    Have a nice day!

    By Blogger The Ugly American, at 1:28 PM  

  • Another good post, Tish! Have you a Curves in your area? I can't recommend them highly enough!

    By Blogger Candace, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home