Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Saturday, January 29, 2005

An Extrovert's confession

There are two types of people: introverts and extroverts. If you haven't already figured it out by now, I would be categorized as a RAGING extrovert. Most of the time, it's a blessing.

  • Extroverts make friends easily.
  • Extroverts excel in sales, marketing, and public relations.
  • Extoverts never meet a stranger or leave unnoticed.
  • Extroverts are the same in public and in private.
  • Extroverts show emotions as they go along.

But with each blessing, there are curses as well.

  • Extroverts are often considered vain and egotistical.
  • Extroverts feel drained by being alone.
  • Extroverts are distracted easily.
  • Extroverts think outloud which is annoying to those around them.

I've wondered what my life would be today had the DNA swapped one gene here or there and rendered me an introvert. There's a part of me that is very curious about the other half - the introverted half of the world. What is it like to watch the crazies like me? To keep to yourself feelings and thoughts that an extrovert blurts out without pause - I think I'd go mad. But still, there's a certain dignity, a grace to the introvert that I admire. But admiration is not envy, at least not anymore. Instead of regetting the years of being classified 'crazy' or 'outgoing', I have embraced gregariousness as a gift.

If everyone were the same, what a boring world this would be. Introverts are the yin to the Extroverts' yang. Without calm, we would not appreciate chaos. I say appreciate the colors you bring to the world, whether you are the palest shade of pink or a bright bursting rainbow.

2 Comments:

  • Tish...don't ever change. You light up a room, not like a candle, but like a fire cracker. This introvert enjoyed the fireworks. Aloha, Jan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • OMG and all this time I thought I was an introvert!!!

    By Blogger Mercy, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home