Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Saturday, January 15, 2005

In the Company of Giants

Recently, I added my blog to a list of other authors, some published and some like me, aspiring. After perusing their sites, I felt insigificant to say the least. These men and women are dedicated to their passion. They are constantly questioning, revising, and retooling their stories. Their blogs are filled with questions about switching from first to third person, character development, subplots and back stories - my blog details the adventures into Diarrhea World, letters to Crayola, and my embarressing moments for all to read.

Could it be that I can tell a funny story and that's it?

2 Comments:

  • No, no, no. Never give up. Remember the golden rule: Thou Shalt Not Compare Thy Writing to Others. Keep on writing as YOU need to write. Don't give up. Write what you want, and let it go. Good luck!

    bonnie vanak

    By Blogger Bonnie Vanak, at 2:13 PM  

  • Not everyone can tell a funny story Tish! Plenty of people can write - but write AND be funny? Don't think so.

    Everyone's got a different style and works on their writing in different ways, so don't fret too much over comparisons!

    By Blogger deanne, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home