Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Friday, February 25, 2005

Favorite Words and Phrases

In college, my best friend Brendingo and I had a list of words to use in a conversation. Eventually, phrases were added and it became a private game played at Eskimo Joe's, our favorite bar.
Now with a marriage, mortgage, and two children, the list has been in a dark corner in my mind. Probably covered up by lost memories of bad first dates, but that's a blog post for a different time. So, in honor of college days and nights, I give you another Tish challenge, a dare so to speak. Not a double dog dare, though. There isn't any nudity involved.

Work one or more of the following words and/or phrases into your next blog entry, comment, or conversation.

  • ukelele
  • curmudgeon
  • heretofore
  • malleable
  • masticate
  • omniscient
  • britches
  • 'much to my chagrin'
  • 'believe you me'
  • serendipity
  • fortuitous
  • melancholy
  • 'It's all ball bearings' (Yes, a Fletch quote)
  • albino
  • persnickety
  • flusterated (not misspelled)
  • larrapin (southern saying for delicious)
  • manevolent
  • mutiny
  • turpitude
  • malfeasant

Now run with it. Surprise the checker at the market, the bank teller, the softball coach. Confuse your spouse or child with a new phrase that doesn't quite fit the conversation. I find this to be on of my favorite hobbies other than blogging, of course.

1 Comments:

  • I will heretofore play the ukele,hopefully no one will masticate me out for being so melancholy. I would become quite flusterated if someone yelled "MUTINY" during one of my moe fortuitous concerts.

    hows that for a comment crazy lady?:)

    By Blogger thequeen, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home