Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Telling your Mother In Law she's slated for early Nursing Home Placement - A Tish-ism

It's not as bad as it sounds, really.

My in-laws just finished an extensive remodeling of their home, including the purchase and installation of A FANTASTIC JACUZZI BATHTUB that fits up to two adults or three children.
There is a button that KEEPS THE WATER AT ANY TEMPERATURE YOU WANT, PEOPLE.
There is a button for DISCO LIGHTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TUB, PEOPLE.
There is a button for DIFFERENT LEVELS FOR THE NINE JETS, PEOPLE. NINE JETS!

I spent thirty bubble-filled, blissful bathing minutes in this haven and decided I could not wait for my in-laws' demise. Thus, I uttered the following statement in the kitchen for all to hear:

"I hear Whispering Pines is taking younger residents now. How about we call and get you an appointment?"

Everyone laughed. Everyone but me. I was serious, until I realized the house wasn't paid for yet so I retracted my statement... until 2022, that is.

3 Comments:

  • Can't find my glasses so maybe I missed it when I read your post. What was their address again?

    By Blogger HerWryness, at 1:53 PM  

  • I hear they have a model big enough for three shrinks with big egos.

    In any case, find out how much is longer left on the mortgage. At the right time, expert witness testimony on competency might be desirable.

    By Blogger Sigmund, Carl and Alfred, at 9:26 PM  

  • but don't you want to know why your in-laws got such a tub? I shudder at the thought! LOL

    Great blog btw.

    By Blogger ShoeHound, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home