Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Don't fret, Alanis, it all turned out just fine!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comPoor Alanis, she chewed her fingernails all night waiting for news of my trip to Jefferson. Isn't she so bohemianly cute? Is that a word, bohemianly? Remember I coined the phrase so when it turns up on The O.C. or The Simpsons, you can say you heard it here first.

What's that? Oh, you want to know about the trip, too? Well, I wasn't going to BRAG or anything, but we're all friends here, right?


I was fifteen minutes early, a trait seldom seen in my family. It maybe a mutation, but punctuality isn't part of our genetic makeup. Kleptomania, yes.


The salon was more than I imagined - book filled shelves, hot pink and cheetah print Diva accessories, Elvis and Marilyn paraphenalia adorned the walls. Kathy was more than gracious with her time and advice. What I learned from her in two hours cannot fit into even one of my long winded posts. She did a fabulous job on coloring and styling my hair. The secret organization of Brunette women will welcome me with open arms again as the blonde streak is no more.

I know, blah blah about the hair, Tish, what did she say about the book? WELL, she is going to read it and I will know something in TWO WEEKS. Did I mention that while I was there she received a personally written card from Rebecca Wells, just the AUTHOR OF THE YA-YA BOOKS? And did I tell you she is friends with and will be on a movie set with Linda Bloodworth Thomason, just the writer of Designing Women? I was standing with the female Texan version of Kevin Bacon. She knows EVERYONE or knows someone that does know EVERYONE.

Bear with me as I daydream.....okay, back to reality.

Kathy looked at my blog and was impressed with the template (thank you Flirtinaskirt!). I pointed out many of your links as well as your well wishing comments. All in all, I think she liked what she saw of the blog. There was even a question of me writing a newspaper column. When I told her I had considered it but the marketplace was already flooded with parent columns, she replied, "Why not just The World According to Tish?" I hadn't thought of that.

So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the trip went well. How well will be determined in two weeks when she gives me her assessment of the novel. Maybe it will lead to a publishing contract, maybe a foot in the door with a movie, or maybe I've found a new hairdresser. Either way, I'm glad I did it. And I'm glad it's over.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TO POST THIS. SOMEHOW IT DISAPPEARED AFTER HAVING COMMENTS POSTED TO IT! DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, BLOGGER DUDES, BUT IT ISN'T GOOD....

1 Comments:

  • FanTABulous, Tish! You're getting closer to where you should be: published! And as to the newspaper column, I agree that it should be The World According to Tish. This is so exciting -- please keep us posted!

    By Blogger Candace, at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home