Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Five questions asked...

Thanks to Cori, I am the subject of an intense interview. Since I am sitting in an ultra-Christian eatery that supplies Wireless Net AND Chicken Caesar Salad, I shall answer between bites.

1. When did you decide to write your first novel?
I suffered a molar pregnancy six months after we got married so was housebound for 3 weeks. In that time, my hubby went out and got me the $3500 Compaq (resells now for 50 bucks). I sat down and started Rocks of Ages, the nursing home novel. It is still in 'process' or whatever new hollywood word is used to say its being revised. I've been writing/telling stories since I was eight.

2. If you have $500 that has to be spent on yourself, what would you buy?
Well, probably a massage (HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERY MOTHER FIND A GOOD MASSEUR AND KEEP REGULAR APPOINTMENTS), hair cut, and new computer software or books. Pretty boring.

3. Tattoos? Of what and where? If not, do you want any?
Since I have a phobia of needles, the closest thing to a tattoo on my body has been the Valentine tats that children get now with the pre-made cards. This year, my son and I had matching "Bratz" lips on our arms. The hubby has a tattoo that encircles his entire arm at the biceps, a cross of some Indian/English symbol. Don't ask me. I was out of town when he did it and came home to candles, a naked man, and his tattoo.
Good thing the candles were low or the neighbor from Hell would have called the cops on that , too.

4. What is your biggest stressor right now?
Definitely MONEY. The old saying that it takes what you make to live is true. I can get a raise that sounds like a huge amount only to find more bills need paying and my head goes under the water again. I hope to be out of this gigantic hole in three to five years.

5. Any addictions? (Besides Dr. Pepper!)
You're reading it. My blog has become my personal crack or meth high. Nothing like clicking your email account and seeing multiple comments on the blog. To know that other people actually laugh at what I write, man, what a rush. My agent warned me that blogging is addictive but I didn't listen. You know you are a blog-oholic when you write ideas down for your next post ON A PATIENT'S FOLDER WHILE THEY DRONE ON AND ON ABOUT BOB BARKER'S SEXUAL HISTORY.

Thanks, Cori, for the questions. I enjoy answering questions. I enjoy talking in general.

Does anyone want me to interview them? Crystal? Cori? Joe? Brando? Mamacita? Genuine? Come on, I don't BITE. But don't hold a Dr. Pepper too close to me.

1 Comments:

  • I love your blog. I mean to say, I LOVE your blog!

    Personally, I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Well, not Diet COKE per se, but diet off-brand cola that tastes exactly like Diet Coke but costs less than half as much. Cuz we's po.

    By Blogger Mamacita, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home