Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Monday, March 07, 2005

If Oprah were thin, white, and the mother of twins,

these would be her questions to me. Thanks to Crystal for channeling the TV Diva for my most eclectic interview to date.

1. You have writer's block and you have a deadline to meet. What remedies do you use to get the creative juices flowing again?
I drink THREE REAL Dr. Peppers, slip in the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" CD, and plug away. If that doesn't work, I watch the kids on their green machines (remember those, anyone?). Between the skidding, the wrecks, and tears that follow, my block melts away and I am ready to write something.

2. You have some crazy relatives, including a klepto grandma. What is your craziest trait?
I can giggle at nothing. When I say nothing, I mean sitting in church and erupting in giggles during a prayer or communion. That'll get some stares, let me tell you. I am also very clumsy in a Jerry Lewis way.

3. What has been your biggest adventure so far? Was it planned or spur of the moment, and are you glad you did it?
Raising children has been the single most challenging, stressful, rewarding, and adventurous thing I've ever done. I don't think any pregnancy can be considered spur of the moment as in my case, I had 41 weeks to deal with it (both times!). Am I glad I had them? Like I am to be an American, a woman, and a writer - you betcha! They are gifts from God, those two.

4. You are hosting a dinner party for 10, including you and your hubby. Who do you invite? (Dead or alive, choose anyone you want)
This is a tough one, my dear. Jesus would sit by me, I think. My granddaddy David and Walt's Granddaddy T.B. Sharp, my best friend Brendingo, Julia Louis-Drefus, Robert Duvall, John Irving, Mark Twain, Harriet Tubman, JFK. I would serve my famous crab stuffed mushrooms, greek spinach, steaks grilled to perfection, garlic bread, and Caesar salads. For dessert, no meal is complete without BLUE BELL Ice cream and half baked brownies (got to have them gooey).

5. What are 5 things you are determined to accomplish before you die?
Become a successful published author of Southern fiction before I hit 40.
See my children finish college (NOT OU on my dime!) before I hit 55.
Learn how to crochet and/or knit, sew, or paint something, anything before I hit 60.
Teach my grandchildren the Itsy Bitsy Spider song their parents loved so much before I hit 70.
Swim off the coast of Australia before I am 85.

Thanks Crystal, for the amazing questions.

Recipes for the above mentioned supper can be obtained by commenting!

1 Comments:

  • yay! i won recipes! but please give them to someone who will cook that for me? pretty please? :))

    By Blogger karma, at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home