Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I'm the Girl with Blue Balls...

I love to play with my balls.

Where is your mind right now? Uh huh, that's what I thought.
Before I get slapped with some FCC fine, I am talking about these balls:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If you watch TV or read fitness magazines, you would think that the ball is a new discovery by Gunnar Peterson or the Pilates people. Truth is, physical therapists have been using the ball for over 30 years.
This is your free Physical Therapy consult Crystal, so pay attention.
Unless you suffer from compression fractures, spinal fusion, ruptured discs or severe OA/RA, you can use the ball. I use them with EVERY patient I treat. I mean EVERY patient. Whether they are bedridden or ambulatory, the ball provides a workout unlike any other piece of equipment.
Before we go any further, let me suggest a website for everyone to visit,
I had the opportunity to learn from the GURU of ball therapy. This is her company and I give her all the 'props' when it comes to the ball. Joanne Posner-Mayer trained with the very people that pioneered Ball therapy. Do not accept substitutions. She is the real deal, let me tell you. I watched her STAND ON A BALL WHILE TALKING FOR TEN MINUTES.
So, what can you do with a ball? Anything. You can lift weights, perform ab work, even get an aerobic workout just by sitting on the ball.
When you sit on a properly fit ball (correct for your height), postural muscles that do not have to fire when sitting on a chair now have to work. Add a little bouncing, you've engaged your quads and hamstrings. Think of it this way: 30 minutes of Everybody Loves Raymond while on the ball burns more calories than sitting on the couch.
There are plenty of videos, books, and posters that can show you every exercise the ball can provide. I still suggest Ball Dynamics for all of your educational needs.
_____________________________________________________
COMMERCIAL BREAK
I am competing for 'The King Of Blogs'. There is a link for all of you to check out on the left. Please go and vote for me. There's some 'trackback' thing you have to do, which I have absolutely NO CLUE how to do but surely my super intelligent readers can figure that out.
_____________________________________________________
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
My boss has started her own blog. Please go by and say hi. She's my branch manager and responsible for recommending raises, so you know it never hurts to kiss the hand that feeds you. Really, she's a great lady and just getting her feet wet in our blog world.

6 Comments:

  • Well the opening line caught my attention. But will stick with the old fashion weights and aerobics. Blue balls are not a thing to discuss with men.

    By Blogger David, at 9:31 AM  

  • We have Swiss Balls at the gym and I have no idea how to use them. I lie on one than slide off!!!

    By Blogger mrsmogul, at 3:59 PM  

  • Hey Tish Thanks for droping by my blog, you might have moment check out my latest post.
    Just one question fair lady- in all your years being around those jocks- did they ever try to hit up on you? Somehow I can't help but think the self absorb jerks some of them are could not help themsleves.
    Needless to say I have had problems with them in my younger days.

    And on the balls- I told my wife about the idea of watching tely and using them at the sametime- she thought it might help loose some of middle.....;>)k

    By Blogger ikw3804, at 4:41 PM  

  • Blue balls are not a good thing.

    By Blogger Phil, at 4:53 PM  

  • Hi, this is GM of GM’s Corner. Just dropped by to wish you the very best of luck. This is a really fun contest and it stretches your mind and creativity. Again, best of luck and I’ve added your site to my blogroll.

    GMRoper

    By Blogger GM, at 7:05 PM  

  • I would love to stretch out my bad back with it.

    btw...new site

    http://www.theshoehound.com/Size7/index.htm

    By Blogger ShoeHound, at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home