Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Monday, March 14, 2005

Little man syndrome/Pretty girl syndrome

Since I am married to a near giant (6'7"), I can verify the little man syndrome exists. During our second date, a guy a full foot shorter tried to pick a fight. HELLO? Do you really think you have a chance in a fair fight? Puh-lease. You can see the men with low self esteem immediately puff up when he enters the room. Their pectoralis muscles engage, shoulders square, and fists clench. Meanwhile, my husband ignores their obvious pleas for attention.

I think the same thing happens to the average looking women in the world, me for one. When the fashion stick thin models sashay into a room, the claws come out with a vengance. It's not a fight we are after but rather the voice of insecurity spurring our catty remarks on. Maybe those lips and boobs are real but it's easier to write them off to technology, not genetics and hard work.

Yesterday I saw a little man that compensated by taking enough steroids to bulk up the entire Dallas Cowboy offense. He stood no more than 5'3" but his neck and head were larger than the pinata heads at Mardi Gras. The moment he made eye contact with my hubby, I could have sworn he grew at least one inch from standing on his tiptoes. I had to laugh.

Now that steroids has made front page, I've decided that it's the boob job of athletics. You know, that extra umph that transforms a pretty girl to a knockout - pardon the pun but steroids does the same thing for a man.

What will be the male equivalent for a lip job, I wonder?

8 Comments:

  • I'm too lazy to imrove myself, even using chemicals or surgery. Not sure if that makes me secure in myself, or just a slug.

    By Blogger Bubblehead, at 8:47 PM  

  • i always just blamed it on penial compensation... maybe thats what ill write about next...

    By Blogger Couch, at 2:26 AM  

  • Trust me, there aren't enough chemicals or surgery in the universe that can do anything for me.

    By Blogger Charlie on the PA Turnpike, at 7:24 AM  

  • Tish,
    i know that guy with the large head and no neck. I see him every morning at the gym. I am no gym rat (I go in the hopes of finally getting rid of the beer gut remnants of college, 2 years ago). This guy spends most of the morning as foar as I can tell strutting around the gym (all the while flexing) and basically making an nuisance of himself, so that people can look at the freakish steriodal mass that his body has become. All the while complaining how "This isn't a real gym". My thought is that of he showed up at a "real gym" the folks there would laugh him right out onto the street.
    Great Blog by the way!

    By Blogger Dumb Poet, at 8:31 AM  

  • Correction - that was beer gut remnants from 20 years ago - big difference....

    By Blogger Dumb Poet, at 8:42 AM  

  • I've heard it's calf implants.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 1:59 PM  

  • I once had a boyfriend who was so handsome that heads would literally turn as we entered a room. People would stare, and women would come on to him even when I was standing right there in front of them. I would spill my drinks on their shoes, but really just to make him laugh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • That last anonymous was me, by the way!
    Atmikha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home