Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Saturday, March 19, 2005

When I become a published writer...

I will not wear a funny hat or cape. There is enough drama in my life without costuming it. High water pants are acceptable, though, as will low heeled shoes. I don't do high heels well.

I will only brag in front of people that have previously looked down upon me. Who would that be? Well, if I had to make a list, and of course I HAVE, they would be:
  1. Junior League women that don't understand why I don't beg to join them.
  2. Former sorority members and their fraternity boyfriends that looked down on the GDI's of the world.
  3. Ultra conservative church members that thought I was too wild (and I was).
  4. Wealthy people of the town that believe theirs' cannot and will not stink.
  5. Hateful, ugly, or rude people that irritate me. This could backfire on me so I may have to rethink it.

I will not 'drop' my current live friends/internet friends to step up the social ladder. I happen to like the view from this particular rung and the people that swing on it with me.

I won't turn down criticisms or compliments but I will reserve the right to blog about them.

I will try to schedule a book tour so as to meet every blogger on my blogroll and somehow manage to run into "Putty" from Seinfeld. It's his voice, people, and the overwhelming presence he commands.

But mostly, I will not change into someone else. Unless there is a melee at the softball field, and then I will morph into either Trinity or Lara Croft, depending on the circumstances.

Now if I can just get that publishing thing accomplished, we are all set.

3 Comments:

  • My my, sounds like you have it all together hon! BTW this is the old southernbitch, so I am adding on my link to my new blog for you! ;)

    By Blogger BassFairy, at 6:41 PM  

  • Sounds like you have it all planned.Now just to get the right letter in the mail from a publisher. I will then be one of many who can say oh yes I knew you her back when.....

    By Blogger Ms. Vickie, at 7:21 PM  

  • Well said, Tish, VERY well said.

    I also hope you get King of the Blogs--I for one voted your way.

    Great writing as always.

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home