Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Elvis is alive and well -

and living in my children's room.

It never dawned on me that a grown man could hide among toys and Barbies. Apparently the children have known about him for some time and have sneaking him string cheese, slide yogurts, and an occasional cracker because I found the stash today as we prepared for the grandparents' visit.


As I rummaged in a large pile of sleeping bags, clothes, and Teen Titans, a murmur startled me. It's an unwritten rule that every fourth toy given to a child at a birthday party must make noise, so I didn't pay attention to the low rumbling.

The King stretched his large legs out and spilled Drama Diva's iced tea (all Southern girls drink sweet tea, for my Northern readers).
"Elvie, look what you did!" She popped his ratty mop of hair. "You have to clean it up."

"One for the money.."
"Two for the show!" Casper joined in. Suddenly, my son and the King were singing a solo in the pig sty of a room.
I have to say that even with the extra 75 pounds, the man can still swivel those hips like a barstool.

And who would have thought that Elvis Aaron Presley could fold fitted sheets with such accuracy? Or vacuum? He serenaded me with a his personal renditions of the Lizzie McGuire soundtrack. When I stood to clap, I tripped on a Spiderman motorcycle and hit my head.


When I came to, only my children were cleaning the twin dungeons. No sign of Elvis. Could it all be a dream? Was it just a hallucination sprung from the impending nervous breakdown at the sight of the rooms?


As I headed downstairs threatening my last ultimatum, I spotted a half eaten Twinkie on the bar. And a white headband. Viva Los Elvis!

4 Comments:

  • Heh ... I KNEW IT! He seems to be lurking everywhere since he guzzled down that gin-n-tonic made from the headwaters of the fountain of youth.

    By Blogger mdmhvonpa, at 9:09 AM  

  • Hey Tish, You are the 2nd person today to mention Elvis! hmm I know his grand daughter is on the cover of Elle magazine here. PS Linked you too :)

    By Blogger mrsmogul, at 11:17 AM  

  • LOL-how cool was this post!

    Actually, I made the statement some years back that I was finally sure Elvis was dead. He would have surely made his presence known when his little girl married Michael Jackson, don't you think?

    Have a good one!

    By Blogger Monica, at 1:31 PM  

  • By Blogger Ravish Kumar, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home