Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Friday, April 01, 2005

Out of the Mouthes of Babes

Image hosted by Photobucket.comDateline: Texas
Drama Diva's loss of a top tooth has emptied the Tooth Fairy's pockets literally. By setting the precedent with a five dollar bill under her pillow a year ago, the Tooth Fairy created a monster. Drama Diva's expectations of cashing in on her bicuspids are taking a toll on the fairy banking industry. An anonymous source reports the spouse of the Tooth Fairy has complained that the higher costs of 'buying' teeth have affected the purchase of golf balls, but this reporter cannot find any evidence of this. In an unrelated story, Drama Diva's brother, Casper, has been caught with his father's pliers trying to pull out his bottom teeth. When asked why he would hurt himself, his reply was "They have the Teen Titans on sale at Target, Momma!" In this reporter's humble opinion, life was easier and cheaper when we were young. Paper money was hardly given to children, tooth fairies didn't have to take out loans, and toys were much cheaper.

_______________________________________________

On a personal note, thank you for your kind words of support. My heart knows Will is better off, but I am such a selfish person wanting him here on earth with his family, with me. What a wonderful world this blogosphere is! Wireless, dial-up, DSL, Broadband - compassion comes from all sources but carry the same message. Thank you for that.

After I told my Drama Diva about Mr. Will's passing, she told her brother while they prepared for softball practice. As they watched the heavy black clouds build up for a thunderstorm, there were two large sun filled pockets shining over the park.

"See, that's Mr. Will and that woman in Florida right there. They are watching us right now."

That's my girl.

3 Comments:

  • God, I am not ready to deal with the tooth fairy yet. I can just see my masochistic 2 year old prying her teeth out for money. my 5 year old would pry someone elses teeth out and then try to pawn them off as his own. So I'm guessing in another year he's going to hand me a handful of my daughter's (or my cat's) teeth.

    By Blogger Couch, at 9:51 PM  

  • I feel your pain. Howard used his teeth for fund raising until they were all out. He knew he got $2 a tooth, so he'd pull the things out, blood and all, until he had the funds needed. Paloma, on the other hand, didn't start losing teeth until she was 8.5 and still considers it a surprise every time she gets money.

    By Anonymous TW, at 10:23 PM  

  • I just had one similar with my own daughter and the Tooth Fairy.

    My sympathy for the loss of your patient: not just a patient but obviously someone you cared about. One of my best friends is a physical therapist. You sound like a really caring one: your patients are LUCKY to have you.

    By Blogger Monica, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home