Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Parents Need to Take a Stand NOW

As much as I would like to write something to tickle you, I can't.

After the 14 hour softball tournament, I came home to hear of the latest child found dead allegedly at the hands of a repeat sex offender.

REPEAT SEX OFFENDER? Am I the only one that sees what is wrong with that description?

Please explain to me why a person that intentionally seeks the most innocent, the most fragile out to fulfill their sickest, most evil fantasies have any rights in our country.
Please explain to me how a person is considered rehabilitated when his crime was raping a child.
Please explain to me why sex offenders aren't tattooed for all to see and avoid.
Please explain to me how the sympathy for the victim is minimized to excuse the offenders' behavior.

As a parent, I have had enough. Forget their civil liberties, they forfeited them at the first touch of an innocent child. Forget their 'good behavior', for it is a guise to gain access to our CHILDREN. Forget their horrible childhoods, for that excuse holds no water with a grieving parent.
It is time to write our congressmen, our President, and the media. Reform the law, refuse release, and retain all offenders so we never have to read another horror story that begins with "Another child has been molested and killed by a recently paroled repeat sex offender........"

And if you are curious how I would take care of them, here it is:
Give them a week's worth of food, a heavy coat, and one pair of shoes. Fly them to the Arctic Circle, drop them off. Not only do we cut down on our tax burden housing these sub-humans, but we provide an additional source of food for the wildlife. That should quell the liberal PETA people.

BUT DO SOMETHING, AMERICA. For the children, please.

10 Comments:

  • Here, here! Finally, a voice of reason!

    By Anonymous Karen, at 7:58 AM  

  • AMEN TO THAT!

    Where is the line to sign up for the new law?

    By Anonymous KEEME, at 2:08 PM  

  • I could not agree more.
    Kate

    By Blogger Student of History, at 2:32 PM  

  • You're a lot nicer than I am. I would drop them naked and smeared with bacon grease.

    By Blogger Mamacita, at 2:49 PM  

  • Being a manly man, I hate to admit this ... but I literally wept reading your post. How, in God's name, do parent's deal with this?! With a medical background, I have watched parents cry and pray at their dying Childs bedside.

    Parents should not have to bury their children. Obviously, w/ > 40 millions babies killed by abortion - America doesn't value children.

    These predators are ALWAYS repeat offenders and NEED TO BE EXECUTED!! We will read about another abducted child soon.

    Write your representatives!

    Thanx Tish! Your instincts were right.

    By Blogger void, at 4:25 PM  

  • PS/ Tish - email me , let's do something about this in Texas. I'll work with you ... just click the email on my blog. Cookie Monster - you know who I am.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • I've always favored denutting these chaps. On first offense. Or before.

    By Blogger OldHorsetailSnake, at 5:07 PM  

  • I so agree! It makes me crazy when child molesters are set free, and given restrictions like "stay away from schools." Yeah, like these people have good strong will power. I think castration should be an option to look at.

    By Blogger AverageMom, at 4:14 PM  

  • It's important to remember that these are *state* crimes, not federal, so there's not a lot the national government can do. However, there's several things you can do locally:

    1. Check your state's sex offender registry and see if you have any sex offenders living near you. My county also keeps its own list, and I cross-check it against the state list to see if there's someone that either list has overlooked.

    2. Remember that the term "sex offender" is very broad. It includes a lot of offenses, not just those against children. Given the age of my girls, I'm less concerned about a guy convicted of sexual battery against his spouse, while I'm very concerned about a guy convicted of exposing himself near a school.

    3. Aside from prison terms for sex offenders, what does your state do to track offenders after they are released? This seems to be a significant problem in Florida. In my state, convicted offenders can be sent to a state mental hospital, often for long periods, if it's determined that they continue to pose a threat to the community. If appropriate penalties are lacking in your state, write your state reps and senators to increase these penalties.

    By Blogger Dan, at 9:37 AM  

  • This idea works for me. I live in Florida, and something has got to be done. We cannot just keep letting these monsters out to attack our children.

    By Blogger Tammy, at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home