Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Wha' happened?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Yesterday I was a Large Mammal in the TTLB system, but for some reason unbeknownst (GREAT WORD) to me, I have regressed.
Have my latest posts offended people? Do blogs have bad breath? For the life of me, I can't figure this out.
If you have any theories, conspiracy or otherwise, feel free to share them. You don't think the songwriter of "Candy Shop" is out to get me, do you? Could it be that last night's umpire read my post, contacted the Ecosystem, and had me bumped down the food chain? OR is it my klepto-great grandmother stealing my links? She's a crafty one, that Vera.

In case you have nothing to watch for a lazy Sunday afternoon, may I suggest one or more of the following movies: Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, The Mighty Wind, Supertroopers, the Big Lebowski, any and all of the Star Wars Trilogy, The Usual Suspects, Turner and Hooch, and anything with Jim Belushi. Most are comedies for lightening the depressive mood tax time seems to instill in all of us.

12 Comments:

  • don't know anything about your site, just hollerin' back...whoot whoot

    By Blogger Geekbird, at 5:16 PM  

  • I've heard of someone else's rating slipping over there. I'd love to get on there but have no idea how to do so. But good luck. Tell me what I need to do and I'll help you out so you can get your rating back.

    By Blogger Housewife, at 6:32 PM  

  • Assuming you become a regular (link me if you do) reader of Geekbird, and being that you're a white woman, the following link (from Mimi's site) will be of great value to you.

    www.urbandictionary.com

    Otherwise, let the confusion continue.

    By Blogger Geekbird, at 8:28 PM  

  • The Big Lebowski, what a killer movie. I still lose it every time I see Lebowski's head come out of the toilet and he says, "Let me look one more time, I know it's in there somewhere!"

    By Blogger The Ugly American, at 7:19 AM  

  • Sorry, I know nuthink!

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 10:09 AM  

  • If its on a bell curve maybe a few new greats changed the weight.

    By Blogger Valderbar de Cat, at 1:41 PM  

  • Links in comments aren't permanent, and when they disappear off the current page, TTLB no longer counts them. That's happened to me a few times when I've left a bunch of comments, but the bloggers didn't put me in their blogrolls.

    By Blogger Paula, at 6:02 PM  

  • Not that I was ever a Giant Mammal or whatever. I meant that I've flopped around between snake and bird, and for one glorious moment was a mousie. Woo.

    By Blogger Paula, at 6:08 PM  

  • Hi Tish...thanks so much for commenting on my site! I just recently discovered yours; it's fantastic.

    I would love to be a large mammal in the ecosystem. I was at marauding marsupial status for a while, then regressed back to a rodent and now I'm a flappy bird. I really aspire to increase my readership!

    Anyway, Tish, you seem like a lovely person both inside and out...and I envy your Texas locale. My son, my mom and two of my siblings live in the Austin area. I LOVE IT! God's Country.

    By Blogger Cindy, at 9:10 AM  

  • Hey, that might have been what I was talking about. I could get to your site but none of your posts were coming up, just the left side of the blog was.

    Hope that helps. No blog bad breath, just hide and seek.

    By Blogger Monica, at 5:26 PM  

  • Your favorite movies are MY favorite movies. When can you come over for a marathon?

    ". . . midnight at the oasis. . . ."

    By Blogger Mamacita, at 6:55 PM  

  • The TTLB doesn't measure just readership on your blog listing - it is links and readership. If the Bear queries your site when you have recently posted and hence, are on some blogrolls, you get huge rankings. I also was a Large Mammal last week - but am back to the amphibian I deserve to be now. I mean, good grief, I was ranked like #239 with only 29 daily visits. It was the 185 links that put me up there, due to blogrolls.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home