Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Jonah's girlfriend and, uh, Jonah

Tish: On this warm Sunday afternoon, we are joined by Jonah's girlfriend--

Jonah: AND ME! There won't be any discussion taking place WITHOUT ME, GOT IT?!

Tish: Okay then. So, What do I call you? Jonah's girlfriend just doesn't sound respectful.

Jonah's Girlfriend: Try telling that to this lug. (gestures to Jonah)

Jonah: NOT TODAY, WOMAN!

Tish: (Bites lip in frustration)Tell me about dating a prophet. It had to be exciting.

Jonah's Girlfriend: Humph. How exciting can it be when he won't listen to a WORD I SAY? (Turns to Jonah with hands in motion) YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN!

Jonah: WHY WOULD I LISTEN TO THIS? I HEARD BETTER IN THE BELLY OF A WHALE!!

Jonah's Girlfriend: That's what you get, a belly of a whale. There's no reasoning with him, I just tune him out when he gets like this (puts hands over her ears and hums loudly).

Tish: Calm down, Jonah. This interview is of HER, so if you would please let her speak.

Jonah: Humph. (folds arms across chest and pouts)

Tish: I read somewhere, JG, that you don't eat fish or pasta. Why is that?

Jonah's Girlfriend: Have you ever dated a man that has been swallowed by a fish? There is nothing on this earth that will take that stench out of clothes or off of a man.(shakes head) It's enough to make you eat dirt, I tell you.

Jonah: NO ONE SAID YOU HAD TO STAY!

Jonah's Girlfriend: I just might leave then.(Turns away from Jonah)

Tish: Uh, I just remembered I have an appointment with, uh, someone. I'd like to thank you both for--

Jonah: Oh, we aren't good enough for a WHOLE INTERVIEW? Get your bag, woman. WE ARE OUT OF HERE!

Jonah's Girlfriend: And people wonder why God had to punish him. (follows Jonah out of the room).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Could someone remind me to never interview prophets' girlfriends? Next week, I hope to track down Bathsheba. I've always wanted to hear her side of the story, haven't you?

1 Comments:

  • Funny! Are you only doing Old Testament characters or can you interview Jesus while you're at it?

    By Blogger Edgy Mama, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home