Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, June 05, 2005

If God meant for me to be quiet,

He would have sealed my lips shut long ago. Far be it from me to save an opinion, a thought, or even a run-on sentence for another day. My heart may be in the right place BUT to some, the blunt sword of Tish slices a little too deep.

I grew up that if it walked like a duck and quacked like a duck, well, it was a duck, by God. That's not popular in a PC world. Now you have to worry about offending said duck, or ruffling the duck's feathers in case he/she has aspirations of becoming something other than a duck.

I also was raised that there is right and wrong. The areas of grey make for interesting conversation but there comes a point in a person's life where the fence becomes to unstable to stand upon and a diet cannot consist of waffles alone. Fear of offending the wrongdoer takes precedent over the rights of the victim. We are made to feel sorry for the child molesters, murderers, and rapists because of their horrible childhoods, but never mind the emotional devastation their crimes inflict on not just the victim, but their families as well.

When it comes to national security, I will not waste my time on worrying if a terrorist has been denied his civil rights. The last time I checked, AMERICANS were the only people guaranteed such rights.
When it comes to religion in schools, I cannot see how a sane person thinks a daily prayer does anything but provide a foundation from which children can learn basic morals and gratitude for all that is given them, no matter what their faith.
When it comes to protecting the innocent of our society from the scourge of the Earth, I rebuke the ACLU and their defense of child molesters and other scum. How many are parents, I wonder? It's easy to speak in general terms of slippery slopes, but try explaining to an eight year old boy that has to live with the nightmares of being molested why the monster should have any rights at all.
When it comes to marriage, I believe in monogamy, fidelity, and forgiveness. Not a popular concept in the world of starter marriages and instant divorces. Of course there are reasons for divorces, but to just jump from one marriage to another like a game of hopscotch, huh uh.

WHEW! This soapbox has a few splinters. Guess I should climb down now.

8 Comments:

  • OUTSTANDING!

    God only meant for you to be quiet if you happened to be a Muslim woman, or an infidel living in the world of crazies. But since you are an American woman, SHOUT what needs to be said.

    Semper Fidelis,

    By Blogger Mustang, at 4:26 PM  

  • Is this one of them there things called a "rant"? Ol' Hoss needs to know in case he ever wants to fetch one.

    I don't know. Maybe it's just a "commentary." Hoss MIGHT know how to do one of those.

    Or, maybe it's just a "Statement of Facts." Hoss REALLY CAN do these. Everything Hoss writes is a statement of fact. Usually.

    But Hoss never makes as much sense as his paramour, Tisha Tex.

    By Blogger OldHorsetailSnake, at 4:42 PM  

  • WOWEE!! Well stated! I totally agree with all you said. I also have trouble keeping my mouth shut, but oh, how wonderful it would be, if I were as eloquent as you.

    Please stop by sometime!

    By Blogger Kiki, at 6:36 PM  

  • Hi Dear!

    I haven't visited your blog, geezzz. Hope you're doing fine. You're still the same Tish that I know :D

    By Blogger "J", at 7:53 AM  

  • Well said and keep on saying it.

    By Blogger bornfool, at 1:09 PM  

  • I love it Tish. Speak it out!

    By Blogger Robin, at 1:16 PM  

  • Good for you! In my honest opinion, any convicting child molesters should be punished as follows:

    Put the alleged "molester" in a room full of mothers. No weapons, just bare hands. If alleged molester gets out with his life - he's free to go.

    By Blogger Kath, at 11:37 AM  

  • Never to be one accused of ever thinking in shades of gray... I personally don't agree.

    The sad reality is that ANY prayer in a public school runs the risk of being an affront to someone else's theological sensibilities and that is why there is a separation of church and state.

    Not caring about infringing upon someone else's rights, for any reason, rebuking the ACLU for standing up for someone's rights, anyone's rights, for ANY reason, is simply asking that they not be there to stand up for ours when the time comes.

    And THAT, to me is absolutely unacceptable.

    That said... It is a well written rant. I'm just glad we still live in a country where we're allowed to write them.

    By Blogger Pepperfire, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home