Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Friday, July 08, 2005

Conditional Compromises

Today I was informed that I was as cruel as a Nazi soldier by a patient clearly in need of pharmaceutical assistance (sorry Tom Cruise, but no amount of zinc will help this lady). This following a morning conversation with my Drama Diva including reasons why I cannot understand what a near eight year old's summer life could possibly be like, and how I embarress her with my old fashioned ways.

Never let it be said that I cannot or will not compromise when given the chance. I've thought long and hard about Drama Diva's pleas and the complaints of tired patients as well as my social conservatism, and have decided to issue the following compromises:


1) I will refrain from pushing a patient too hard during a treatment WHEN they voluntarily wear clothing during said treatments and answer the door without funk stank.
2) I will resist the urge to act like a goofball in front of Drama Diva's friends WHEN her eyes don't roll, her feet don't stomp, and she doesn't huff when she doesn't get her way.
3) I will not raise holy hell with Casper about his room WHEN I can see the floor.
4) I can give sex offenders a true second chance in life WHEN they have the word DANGER tattooed bright blue on their forehead.
5) I shall listen to Osama's concerns and complaints about the US policies with an open mind WHEN he is comfortably buried under seven feet of dog feces.
6) I will open my arms to the likes of Ted Kennedy, Dick Durbin, and Harry Reid WHEN they have begged forgiveness from every military family.
7) I can consider Gitmo's activities as atrocities WHEN their prisoners are served the same food our public school children are fed and wear KMart clothing.
8) I will cut any child abusing parent slack WHEN they are tied down and beaten with a high heel.
9) I can overlook hubby's total obsession with golf WHEN my laminate flooring is finished.
10) I will overlook the hypersexualization of pre-teens by the media WHEN my daughter is 45 and my son is 42.


Compromising isn't really that hard when you try to find a common gripe, er, ground.

3 Comments:

  • I haven't visited for quite a while. No time to bloghop. Now that my pc at home is up and running, I'll be here more frequently. tc dear!

    By Blogger "J", at 3:04 AM  

  • now i kow why i keep coming back, i love your writting!!!!!

    ohh please gicve hubby´s golf obsession a brake... he´ll grow up soon... just let him be (LOL)
    kiss

    By Blogger Ian-Ivy du Bois, at 8:38 AM  

  • one quick question...do your patients know about your blog???

    By Blogger The Ugly American, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home