Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Humph! I showed you...kinda sorta.

I might look like other mindless consumers but don't assume your sales ad brought me in your store. It wasn't your teenie bopper television spots, either. I'd say next to the Burger King commercial with that enormous headed King, your ads sit in the top three for Most Annoying on any given day.

If you must know, I was lulled into a look-see excursion by the proximity and endorphin release of a great meal. There must be a correlation between restaurants and Old Navy stores, the thought that a full stomach will relax the pocketbook.

As we strolled through the brightly lit store, multiple neon sales signs did nothing more than give me a dull headache. Thirty percent? PUH-LEASE. I yawn at thirty percent off.
Fifty percent off? I see you play hardball, Old Navy. You will, of course, notice my poker face countenance as I examine each article of clothing. Not that I don't trust you, but I have watched Seinfeld and am aware of the 'red dot' discounts.

Your token older mom associate and your 'too cool for school boy' associate managed to compliment Drama Diva at every turn. To your credit, this tactic should be taught to every sales person across the globe but is highly deceptive and could cause your demise if performed on the wrong parent.

So now that you know that I know what you are doing, and I know that you know that I know, we can cut the crap and get down to brass tacks.

And just so you know, I meant to spend 145.00.

6 Comments:

  • Only $145?

    Guess you showd them ;)

    By Blogger Skunkfeathers, at 10:43 PM  

  • Ahhh, Old Navy so easy to spend $145.00 in just a few minutes. thank god we do not have one close by :)

    By Blogger Summer, at 10:17 AM  

  • hmm...is it bad that i LOVE old navy and buy almost all of my kids' clothing there?

    By Blogger Ali, at 12:10 PM  

  • I admire your reserve. I can't get out of Old Navy for less than $200 usually. I mean, they sell clothes for THE ENTIRE FAMILY! One stop shopping. Can't beat it.

    By Blogger Robin, at 12:45 PM  

  • $145 at Old Navy??? I just bought a couple of pairs of shorts there and it cost me $20!!!

    By Blogger The Ugly American, at 10:26 AM  

  • YES! I hate those Old Navy commercials!! They do have good sales though. The one in my area is near a Ruby Tuesdays.

    By Blogger WordWhiz, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home