Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Reason # 45 I am not Martha Stewart

Karin told me I couldn't use my lefthandedness as an excuse to poorly paint. I beg to differ.
It's not the paint's fault, or the brushes, or even the pan. Sherwin-Williams provided me with two gorgeous colors, Sandtrap and Nice White, but try as I may, I seem to drip countless droplets onto the carpet. Good thing we are replacing it soon with laminate flooring.
It's a sad day in the home improvement world when a grown woman has to call her father for paint removal advice- namely how to remove oil based paint from one's body. I was tempted to pull a Farrah Fawcett and just fling my paint covered naked body onto the walls, but who wants to see broad hips all over the room?
In a previous post, I have lamented how I was born without the decorating gene. This still holds true but at certain times I have been bitten by the HGTV bug. Those thirty minute shows detailing the changes within a normal home have caught my eye, and so I've embarked on this home improvement journey. What they don't tell you on those shows is that it actually took weeks, not minutes, to complete the transformations. I couldn't finish one wall between commercial breaks. Talk about false advertising!
On a personal note, the haloscan issue has been resolved but....oh, I'll keep that little secret to myself for now....but let's just say changes are a'coming to The World Of Tish.

3 Comments:

  • Tish, I could have told ya about the HGTV stuff, I have worked for them many times! All you had to do was ask :-)

    By Blogger LisaBinDaCity, at 9:16 AM  

  • I'm such a pathetic home decorating junkie that I get excited when I see those commercials with the women in vibrant, primary-colored sweaters and pants carrying paint in easy-to-handle plastic containers with handles. Brilliant, I say to the TV! Bravo, Sherwin Williams! What took you so long?

    (That doesn't mean, however, that I want to be the one doing the actual painting.)

    By Anonymous Melanie Lynne Hauser, at 9:16 AM  

  • Y'mean that stuff like 'Home Improvement' can't be done within a TV 'hour'?

    Hmmm....maybe you didn't factor in for commercial breaks?

    ;)

    By Blogger Skunkfeathers, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home