Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tagged by the Displaced Canadian

Mike has tapped me for the following meme. Read at your own peril. I'd suggest large quantities of flavored liquor to make it completely through without falling asleep.

10 years ago: I was newly married, and attempting to cook what I thought was cinnamon pancakes....only we had no cinnamon. The brownish red substance I dumped into the mix was cayenne pepper. Yep, not a good breakfast for hubby.

5 years ago: July 8, 2000. I was probably either starting or finishing breast pumping at work for Casper. Nothing like the sound of 'shrump shrump' every four to six hours to make you empathetic to all dairy cows across the world.

1 year ago: July 8, 2004. Believe it or not, I was NOT blogging at that time. My main concern was the new home health job and the kids' summer wardrobe. Notice I didn't mention my wardrobe? Yea, that's because SCRUBS and old shorts don't qualify as a wardrobe.

Yesterday: I wore my new hat to Best Buy, and tried to pimp Hubby out to the manager for a discount on a lap top (golf game, people, nothing more than that...unless..never mind!)
Today: Slept until 9:15, treated five patients including the Virgin Stripper (new blog material as promised) and instructed the first ever "Laundry 101" class with my two students, Drama Diva and Casper. He can fold a shirt like a pro now!
Tomorrow: Continue on the quest for a new laptop, laundry, and dare I say, CLEAN THE KIDS ROOMS? UGH.
5 snacks I enjoy: Gardettos, Milk Duds, String cheese, cashews, popcorn.
5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs: Eagles, Old Van Halen, Tracy Lawrence, Motley Crue, AC/DC
5 things I'd do with $100 million: Invest in local schools and charities, open a camp for disadvantaged US kids, donate to OSU and Langston University, donate to the church, buy a new laptop (ha)
5 locations I'd like to run away to: Oregon (to see Hoss, of course), Florida not in hurricane season, Australia, Greece, Galveston, Turner Falls, OK
5 bad habits I have: DR PEPPER, pointing when angry, giving my unwanted opinions, goofing off, returning DVDs late
5 things I like doing: DR PEPPER, laughing with the kids and hubby, blogging/writing, reading, laughing with friends
5 things I would never wear: Thongs, daisy duke shorts, spike heels, press-on nails, tattoos
5 TV shows I like: Reno 911!, Arrested Development, Monk, The Closer, The 4400
5 movies I like: Frankie and Johnnie, The Big Lebowski, About Last Night, Batman Begins, Raising Arizona.
5 famous people I'd like to meet: Olympia Dukakis (she was a PT before an actress), Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Steve Martin, Oprah, Fannie Flagg
5 biggest joys at the moment: My kids, my hubby, my dogs, my friends, my family, my new countertop
5 things that are keeping me from being utterly miserable might be: hope, faith, determination, DR PEPPER, laughter
5 favorite toys: Computer, jacuzzi bathtub at my In Laws, water sprinklers for the kids/dogs, book light to read at night, TV remote control
5 people to tag: I think you all know who you are, and will immediately copy this meme into your next post....won't you??

7 Comments:

  • as a Reno911 fan..
    do you think this season started off sucking?

    i did.

    By Blogger mcgibfried, at 10:11 AM  

  • It's slow, but how do you top last year? The two part season enders were GENIUS. I so want to be a hooker on that show, just wish I could email them with that suggestion.

    By Blogger Tisha from Texas, at 10:21 AM  

  • I used to enjoy it, but have stopped watching Reno 911. This season is POOR! .... kinda like what happened with the original SNL.

    By Blogger void, at 10:28 AM  

  • I've not been to Tish-ville in awhile. Missed ya!

    Yes, indeed go to FL during hurricane season, but make it June. And I do recommend Destin! (they didn't get hammered too badly this time!)

    By Blogger Natsthename, at 6:33 PM  

  • A very cool list and a fellow Dr. drinker. Great job as always.

    By Blogger The Complimenting Commenter, at 6:59 PM  

  • I love reading memes in other peoples' blogs just so I don't have to do them LOL. You get to learn a lot about your blog friends that way.

    By Blogger Monica, at 10:32 AM  

  • Wonderful job, dah-ling. What do I owe thee now?

    By Anonymous absent.canadian, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home