Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Monday, August 15, 2005

It's official. The divorce papers were filed yesterday, and I, for one, am happy. This love/hate relationship was doing nothing for me. Sure, at first he seemed harmless. He'd entertain me with his bubbly personality and then energize me all day with his charm. It was nothing for us to meet three or four times a day.

But something has changed. He doesn't act the same. What once was enjoyable became flat and dull. The sweet disposition that captured my attention suddenly turned syrupy and somewhat nauseating. And talk about baggage! He bought with him at least an additional 20 pounds into our world, which isn't healthy.

Bottom line, I will have to go cold turkey. We can't be friends, can't have a casual dinner, nothing. I know, I sound cold hearted, but what else can I do? This is not a productive relationship by any means.

Sixteen hours and I feel fine...really....OH GOD HELP ME, I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!!

6 Comments:

  • hang in there! you can break the dr. pepper habit!

    By Blogger Snidget, at 6:32 PM  

  • It'll be worth it Tish! Be strong. I'm jumping on the WW bandwagon (again!) as of this morning. I DO NOT want to look like this anymore!

    By Blogger Kath, at 8:31 AM  

  • Good for you! I must admit that I have the Dr. Pepper (and especially the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper) monkey on my back. I know I need to quit, but I'm not sure I have the willpower. I'll be rooting for you!

    By Blogger Chickadee, at 11:43 AM  

  • Breaking the chains of fauxneed can be mentally difficult. But you can. You have what it takes. You possess the inner strength and personal constitution that can overcome any obstacle and difficulty you face.

    You deal with bed pans and anonmymous idjits in the blogisphere. You actually sing karaoke without fear. If you can handle cone zones between dentures, you can whip the Dr. Pepper illusion of need.

    By Blogger Skunkfeathers, at 12:38 PM  

  • I feel for ya! I need to break off a relationship with one of his friends...Coke. We've been going at it for a couple of years now...sometimes even up to 6 times a day. It's got to end and I know what you mean about the extra baggage! Heaven help me!!

    By Blogger Cara, at 10:23 AM  

  • Oh my, can I just say...."HELP ME"! I too am a returning volunteer to the club of losers that follow him everywhere. I look for him every where I go and even leave some places if they've not seen him. How are you doing it? I have been known to secretly meet him behind my husbands back and sometimes more than 8 or 9 times a day. Please let me know if the cold turkey works for you because the last time I tried it, I ended up in the E.R. they fed me chocolate! Cool recovery, but didn't last long.

    By Blogger praynlady, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home