Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Riddle me this, Riddle me that

As the world contemplates the future effect of the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, the neverending media focus of Mrs. Sheehan and her anti-war protest, and now Madonna's horseriding accident, there are other issues that beg the question WHY.

Why do some women wear full makeup when going to the gym? Clogged pores aside, isn't the whole reason for exercising to sweat? Maybe it's just me, but mascara and eyeliner has no place when lifting weights. Who wants to wipe off patches of Maybelline foundation from the machines? Not me.

Why have some men hung onto the 'sock' look while at the gym? Like millions of other teenagers in the early 80's, I had that poster of Jon Bon Jovi sitting on a table. His obvious 'girth' was not genetic, if you know what I mean, but he was a ROCK STAR. For men that strut around in bike shorts and a padded jock, one word comes to mind: Don't.

Why does ESPN waste time on Terrell Owens? Talk about the worst thing to hit the NFL since free agency. Not only is he a virus for sportsmanship, but his antics and selfishness should be banned from the sport. But what do I know, I'm just a girl that likes football.

Why hasn't someone told Donald Trump his hair is ridiculous? Three words: Emporer's new clothes. Money can buy almost anything. The keyword being almost, Donald. Of course, supermodels with dollar signs in their eyes and gold digging fingernails are oblivious to his comb-over.

'Why' is the first question children learn to ask. It's curiosity living within us all that makes 'Why' so alluring. And so dang funny sometimes.

4 Comments:

  • I can't answer your four biggies, let alone the three lead-offs...but I can answer a question with a question:

    Why does Noel have an "L" in it?
    *take a mo' to ponder that 'un*

    By Blogger Skunkfeathers, at 10:53 PM  

  • Good question about "The Donald"!! I've wondered that myself!

    This was wicked funny!!

    By Blogger WordWhiz, at 10:23 AM  

  • Don't you like the Donalds doo??? Oh heavens it drives me wild!!! LOL!!!!!!

    Makeup at the gym???? Who the heck would do that???

    By Blogger scrapbookmom, at 8:21 PM  

  • Bike shorts, without some coverup over them, should be banned in public unless the wearer is actually riding the bike. Anything else, whether fictional or real, is way more information than I want in front of me in 99.8% of situations.

    By Blogger Jean, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home