Welcome to my world - The world of Tish

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Who ya gonna call?

Don't get caught alone oh no Ghostbusters
When he comes through your door, unless you've just got some more I think you better call Ghostbusters.
Ooh... who you gonna call (Ghostbusters)
Who you gonna call (Ghostbusters)
Ah, I think you better call (Ghostbusters)


From the moment a child can understand, we teach them their parents will protect them. Sometimes it is in the form of a swat on the backside, or a long timeout, but the message is the same: it's for your own good.

Then in the blink of an eye, they enter grade school where they are bombarded with programs about police (DARE), crime fighters such as McGruff the crime fighting dog and Smokey the Bear. Officers visit the school to build respect and garner trust from the youth so that in case they ever need help, they know where to go and who to call. The message grows beyond what is for your own good, but also the good of the family, city, state, and country.

And now these same children who are taught to believe in their country, military, and police are being inundated with Anti-American sentiments from other Americans as well as accept the disrespect for authority figures in popular music, television, and movies. Video games glamorizing the murder of cops and the hypersensationalism of Anti-American protesters leaves little Johnny and Jane wishing for their own Ghostbusters for protection.

Pacifists call for an end to war, which if it were possible at this very moment, it would be a great thing. No one I know is 'pro-war'. Ask most veterans and they'll tell you that not only is war Hell, but not many people relished the thought of going to battle no matter, how just the cause.
It's not that I'm one of those "shoot first, ask questions later"kind of people, but I do believe in the notion that the best defense is a good offense. If someone breaks into my home, do you really think diplomacy and negotiations will keep me from being raped? If a knife is held to my child's neck, do I really care why the criminal is acting out? What good is diplomacy and tact if the very same people you want to deal with view you as an infidel worthy of a painful death? The feel-good psychobabble in today's media only serves one purpose: to eradicate responsibility for one's actions. Diplomacy has yet to save a child's life when abducted by a monster, nor did it save thousands of Iraqis buried in mass graves. Tact won't appeal to Osama, or the BTK killer, or any other evil that is hell bent on the destruction of life, innocent or not.

If the police all are corrupt, who ya gonna call?
If the military is fighting the wrong war at the wrong time, when is there a right war at a right time?
If the country is divided amongst itself, how can she defend herself from within?
If we can't acknowledge God, who are we gonna call?

6 Comments:

  • wow, that was great!!! I absolutely love this post, I have to give it to you Tish, you nailed this one!!!

    I so agree with you, what is going on in our society, don't people understand where our freedoms come from? It is through law and order that we maintain our freedoms!!!

    By Blogger Live, Love, Laugh, at 2:28 AM  

  • Amen! If people that moved into this country knowing it as a Free country, a Christian country founded on biblical principles and truth and freedom, then they can choose to stay and support the country that drew them here or they may choose to leave and deal with other situations elsewhere. Either way, if we do not as a people, gather together and be supportive of our gov., our troops and simply put, one another, then we will become our greatest fear...another 3rd world country.
    I will defend my family, my home and my property to the T. I will not let someone enter to destroy what is mine. I will defend this country, from those who are here to harm her or my family, I will aid in their removal from our great country. Our gov. knows what they are doing, we just have to be patient. We will always have corrupt police, wrong wars, a divided country and terrorism; however, we will also ALWAYS have God.
    I will not apologise for my opinions because they are just that, my opinions! I believe that if you don't like it here, go home, if you are from here and don't like it, go somewhere else, if you can't or do not want to speak English, get out! America is an english speaking country and is defended by english speaking soldiers. My property and my family are just that, mine! I will defend and protect them for just that reason.

    Tish, loved this post. If you don't mind, I may link it to a post I've been working on for sometime now.

    By Blogger praynlady, at 9:03 AM  

  • I enjoy reading the stories on your site. Keep up the super articles!

    tramadol prescriptions

    By Blogger Martin W., at 10:02 AM  

  • Who indeed.

    Teach them to believe in God, to respect authority, but not be afraid to question it when it seems to be exceeding the norms; to be independent and self-sufficient, up front, self-responsible and self-accountable.

    Teach them to follow their heart, but not to forget to thank those who allow them the privilege and freedom to follow their heart, rather than the dictates of a despot.

    Teach them to cherish freedom of speech, and to use it wisely.

    Teach them that Life isn't fair, but they can be better.

    Finally, treat no one in a way they wouldn't want to be treated; by the same token, accept no treatment from someone else they wouldn't engage in themselves.

    That's the formula for a responsible citizen. A formula forgotten by Moron.arg, the ACLU, Airhead America and Michael Crook.

    By Blogger Skunkfeathers, at 11:37 AM  

  • Skunkfeathers, you hit the nail on the head. I could not have put it any better! Thanks. Having lost a young child, I also learned to cherish each day and do the very best, be the very best and work hard to let others see Christ in me and all that I do. I am still human so I make many mistakes but I will do my best to continue caring and teaching my youngest daughter the standards, morals and biblical principles. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger praynlady, at 11:20 AM  

  • This is a great site and i would highly recommend link in Buy Tramadol - all information about tramadol and ultram blog. Thanks!

    By Blogger tramadol, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home